Best of Cusco Region in 5 Days
- Cusco Visit
- Visit hidden spots near Cusco and in the Sacred Valley where mass tourism doesn’t go.
- Maras Salt Mines and Andean textile community of Chinchero.
- Experience the incredible and famous Machu Picchu, a must-see for anyone visiting Peru.
- Meet the real locals of rural Peru, spend time, and be hosted by a beautiful Quechua family of 7 in their home.
- Alternative Rainbow Mountain
- Photo opportunities in Landscape, Portrait, and documental styles with the incredible backdrop of Peruvian landscapes.
- As well as the big attractions get to know a special side of Peru not many do, well off the beaten path.
- The first and last hotel nights in Cusco can be organized by us if needed.
- A second Visit to Machu Picchu can be organized.
Here in Andean Photo Expeditions it is very important to us to make a positive impact within the communities we visit, so each time we book a tour to see this community we donate a portion of the profit directly to this family and to the local school. These are people with relatively little, so that donation can make such a huge difference in their lives, from paying their children’s educational fees to buying school supplies.
- Private transport all the way (except for to and from Machu Picchu in which it is necessary to get a shared train and bus)
- Train, bus, and entry tickets to Machu Picchu plus a local guide on site.
- All entry tickets for other places visited.
- 3 nights in hotels (double occupancy).
- Food: breakfast included in hotels, lunch on days three and five.
- Photography guide on days one, three, four, and five.
- Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Photographer guide to attending with you all the way to Machu Picchu.
- Single occupancy hotel room.
- Hotels in Cusco
WHAT TO BRING
- Clothes for all conditions, the weather can be unpredictable in the Andes, it’s best to be prepared!
- Comfortable walking shoes. Although no strenuous hiking is involved its always recommendable to wear sensible footwear.
- Camera gear.
- Mid-range zoom as a versatile go-to lens for landscapes and portraits.
- Prime lens for portrait opportunities (50mm, 85mm or similar)
- Telephoto for use at the salt mines.
- Tripod and filters for long exposure opportunities at the lake on day 1 (ND 10 or stronger, CPL etc.)
Private Expedition (1 person): $2500 USD
2 people: $1490 USD per person ( Shared room )
3+ people: $1390 USD per person ( Shared room )
What to wearComfortable seasonal clothing & shoes
IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeesGuideLunchPhoto AssistanceTransport
Not IncludedExtrasInsuranceLocal FlightsMeals
DAY 1 - Andes
DAY 2 - Machu Picchu
DAY 3 - Community Visit
DAY 4 - Cusco Photo Day Tour
DAY 5 - Andes
Discover Machu Picchu
10 Interesting Facts about Machu Picchu