10-day Galapagos Islands Photo Tour: Frame Nature’s Beauty
Discover the enchantment of nature as you’ve never seen it before on our Galapagos Islands Photo Tour. Over ten transformative days, you’ll blend the joys of photography with the unrivaled beauty of one of the world’s most unique ecosystems.
Moments to Capture:
Wildlife in Action: From the lazing marine iguanas to the intricate dance of blue-footed boobies, every creature on the Galápagos narrates a story. And with your camera in hand, you have the privilege of chronicling these tales.
Landscapes of Fire and Time: The terrains of Isabela Island, especially Sierra Negra and Chico volcanoes, stand as silent sentinels of time. These landscapes, shaped by millennia, are a photographer’s dream. Each curve, shadow, and hue is a testament to Earth’s restless heart.
Aquatic Adventures: Delve beneath the waves near Cabo Rosa tunnels and Kicker Rock. The underwater world here is a riot of colors and movement. Vibrant corals, graceful sea turtles, and darting fish create a dynamic tableau.
Stories of Humanity: The Galápagos isn’t just about nature. It’s also home to resilient communities that have thrived in harmony with their surroundings. As you interact with locals or explore the Interpretation Center, you’ll get a glimpse of the human tapestry that enriches these islands.
Why Our Photo Tour Stands Out:
Holistic Experience: We manage every aspect, from cozy accommodations to insightful excursions and delightful meals. Hence, you can channel your energy and focus on perfecting your shots.
Guidance at Every Step: Our experts are not just knowledgeable about the Galápagos. They’re also passionate about photography. As a result, they’ll share tips, techniques, and insights, elevating your photography skills.
Adaptable Agenda: We recognize that the best shots can’t be scheduled. That’s why our itinerary remains fluid, giving you the flexibility to chase the golden hour or wait for that perfect wildlife moment.
The Galapagos Islands Photo Tour is more than a trip. It’s an exploration of your passion for photography, set against the backdrop of nature’s grand theater. So, whether you’re sharpening your skills or looking for those iconic shots, the Galápagos awaits.
Given our commitment to quality and sustainability, we keep our group sizes small. Thus, ensuring an intimate and impactful experience. Don’t miss out on this unparalleled opportunity. Secure your spot now, and let the Galápagos inspire your next masterpiece!
- All transfers within the Galapagos, inclusive of vehicles, drivers, and associated fees.
- Guidance by professionals as detailed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation as outlined in the program, typically on a double-sharing basis (availability permitting).
- Meals as mentioned (8 meals in total, 5 dinners).
- Soft drinks, notably water and juice, during meals.
- All visits and activities as mentioned in the program.
- Entry fees to specified sites (note: this doesn’t cover the Galápagos National Park entrance).
- Licensing fees for ITK travel agency as well as our designated guides and drivers.
Rate Does Not Include:
- International flight fares.
- Roundtrip flights within the Galapagos (Quito to Baltra and San Cristobal to Guayaquil). For adults, it’s $550 and for children under 12, it’s $440. (Please note that prices might vary depending on the airline and demand. However, ITK Voyage can assist with reservations if informed earlier.)
- Transfers and services on the mainland.
- Galápagos National Park entrance fee ($100 for adults and $50 for children under 12 years old).
- INGALA migration card, a prerequisite for entering the Galápagos ($20 per person).
- Any personal equipment, with snorkelling equipment being the sole exception.
- Visits or activities labeled as “Optional” or requiring an extra cost.
- Wetsuit rental ($5 per person daily).
- Sodas and alcoholic beverages.
- Meals not specifically mentioned in the itinerary.
- Gratuities or tips.
Hotels & Lodges
SANTA CRUZ ISLAND
Duration: Days 2 & 3
Hotel: Cucuve Suite Hotel 3/4****
Room Type: Balcony Room
Duration: Days 4, 5 & 6
Hotel: Isabela Beach House 3/4****
Room Type: Ocean View Room
SAN CRISTOBAL ISLAND
Duration: Days 7, 8 & 9
Hotel: Casa Opuntia Hotel 3/4****
Room Type: Ocean View Room
What to wearComfortable seasonal clothing and shoes
IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeesExtrasGuideLunchMealsPhoto AssistanceTransport
Not IncludedInsuranceLocal Flights
Day 1: Quito to Santa Cruz Island via Baltra (Giant Tortoise Reserve)
Day 2: Santa Cruz Island Exploration (Bartolomé Island & Sullivan Bay)
Day 3: Santa Cruz Island Exploration (North Seymour Island & Bachas Beach)
Day 4: Transition from Santa Cruz to Isabela Island - Exploration at Leisure
Day 5: Isabela Island – Volcanic Treks and Lunar Landscapes
Day 6: Dive into Isabela Island's Underwater Paradise – Cabo Rosa Tunnels
Day 7: From Isabela to San Cristobal: A Skyward Journey Amidst Islands
- Interpretation Center: A collaborative effort with the Spanish Government, this center unfolds the rich tapestry of Galápagos Islands' history, both natural and cultural. The adjacent Cerro las Tijeretas can be reached conveniently, offering an enriching visit of about 2 hours.
- Loberia: Wander along mangrove-lined shores and observe vibrant wildlife such as the playful sea lions, sunbathing marine iguanas, and the iconic blue-footed boobies. The ascent to the overlooking cliff rewards with panoramic views of the endless azure.
- Cerro de las Tijeretas: Journey back in time by visiting the hill where frigatebirds soar and the bay where Darwin once anchored during his Galápagos expedition aboard the renowned M/S Beagle.
Day 8: San Cristobal – The Dual Marvels of Kicker Rock & Lobos Island
- Interpretation Center: With a nudge from the Spanish government, this center was birthed, offering visitors a deep dive into the intertwined tapestry of Galapagos' natural wonders and its human journey. If time permits, extend your visit to the Cerro de las Tijeretas.
- Loberia: Navigate through mangrove-bordered beaches, becoming a silent observer to the island's lively inhabitants – sea lions, marine iguanas, and the iconic blue-footed boobies. An ascent offers breathtaking views from atop the cliff. (Note: A taxi ride is necessary to reach this haven).
- Cerro de las Tijeretas: Delve into history by visiting this renowned hill, frigatebirds' domain, and Darwin Bay, where Darwin himself anchored during his legendary Galapagos voyage aboard the M/S Beagle.
Day 9: San Cristóbal Island – The Vibrant Española Island Exploration
Day 10: San Cristobal Island to Quito – Farewell to the Galápagos
Embark on a transformative journey through the unparalleled beauty of the Galápagos Archipelago. From the captivating volcanic terrains and historic trails of Isabela to the vibrant marine life around San Cristóbal, this expedition promises immersive experiences, all starting from the charm of Quito. Dive, trek, and photograph through a realm where nature's wonders take center stage, ensuring memories that last a lifetime.