Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain Sunrise
THIS TOUR IS ALSO AVAILABLE AS A TWO-DAY OPTION WITH THE ADDITION OF PALLAY PUNCHU RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE SUNSET
SUNRISE TO REMEMBER
This is the most famous Rainbow Mountain in Peru, and very well known worldwide. What a place for photographers that love to play with perspectives and gorgeous/unreal landscapes.
But as photographers, we don’t like crowded places and flat light. So why not heading to that wonderful spot for Sunrise? While everybody is still in bed, and when the light is the best. If you are willing to escape the conventional and touristic roads leading to Vinicunca mountain, this Day tour is for you.
We will be picking you up from your hotel in Cusco around 1am depending on the season and your guide’s advice.
Expect a 3h30 drive to the parking spot where we will start our walk from. We will then begin a gradual uphill climb for about 1h30 depending on your physical condition.
Our guides are very comprehensive and patients. Once at the summit, you will certainly be on your own, everybody else will still be dreaming about being there at Sunrise.
Enjoy your time upthere, and when you are ready and if you desire so, you can trek further to see the lesser known red Valley.
Then we will start our way down, and then back to Cusco with a Lunch break.
TOUR PRICE (ALL AGES)
280 USD per person. Based on a minimum of 2.
Solo Tour from 490 USD
Big Group prices on demand.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your Photography gear.
- Warm clothes for the night and the morning ( gloves, beanie, winter jackets, winter socks ) Rain coat in case of bad luck. Good comfortable walking shoes.
- Headlamp for walking in the dark, essential!
- Sharp eyes and your smile!
- Mid-range zoom to cover a variety of focal lengths
- Wide angle for landscape opportunities and astro-photography (f 2.8 or wider works best)
- Tripod for landscape shots and astro
- Filters for landscapes (ND, Grad ND and CPL recommended)
Departure/Return LocationYour hotel in Cusco
What to wearComfortable seasonal clothing and shoes
Not IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeesExtrasInsuranceLocal FlightsLunchMeals
How was your tour?