Chinchero Photo Walk
- Accessible 7 kilometer photo walk from the Andes Mountains and potato fields into Chinchero old town.
- Trek is 90% flat or downhill.
- Meet Quechua farmers working in their potato fields along the trek.
- Produce documental and portrait work of the locals.
- Enjoy landscape photography and stunning views of the Andes Mountains throughout the trek.
- Visit and photograph the Inca ruins of Chinchero.
- Photograph the old town in Chinchero.
- Visit a traditional textile centre and learn about the local arts & crafts.
08:00 – Departure from Cusco. Pick up from your hotel or hostel.
08:30 – Quick Stop at a viewpoint to photograph the Andes Mountains.
09:00 – Breakfast – try the best empanadas and tea or coffee at a local Chinchero bakery
09:30 – Drive up to the starting point of our trek
09h45 – Start our trek with stunning views of the Andes Mountains and potato fields. Meet the farmers along the way
12h15 – Arrive at Chinchero Inca ruins and old town to explore.
13h00 – Lunch stop at a local restaurant
14h00 – Visit a local textile centre
15h00 – Start your drive back to Cusco
16h00 – Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at your hotel or hostel
HEADING TO THE SACRED VALLEY?
If you would like to end the day in the Sacred Valley or have a train to catch from Ollantaytambo let us know and we can make the arrangements to drop you there on time.
SUNDAY MORNING BONUS
If this tour is booked on a Sunday it will include a visit to a local Andean market that is only open on Sundays. You’ll find lots of locals buying fruit, veggies and wools as well. The workers of this market are typical Quechua people and still dress in a very traditional way. For this reason, this is an amazing location for portraits! The combination of colors in their clothing and hats make for great images. You can also approach specific people for great portraits (we do have some local traditions quechua people that we are friends with – photographic access guaranteed.
- Photography assistance during entire tour.
- Professional photographer guide.
- Transport in a private vehicle throughout entire day.
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel in Cusco.
- Any snacks/drinks extra from breakfast and lunch.
- Personal insurance.
- Drop-off in Ollantaytambo or the Sacred Valley at the end of the day
- Mid-range zoom for all purpose landscape/portrait shots.
- Prime lens for portraits (50mm, 85mm or similar focal length).
- Telephoto for use if you like details or for portraits.
TOUR PRICE (ALL AGES)
- 200 USD per person. Based on a minimum of 2.
- Private Tour from 400 USD
- Big Group prices on demand.
Departure/Return LocationYour hotel/hostel in Cusco
Departure TimePlease be ready for a departure at 8h00
Return TimeApproximately 16h00
What to wearComfortable seasonal clothing and shoes.
Not IncludedEntrance FeesExtrasLocal FlightsLunchPhoto AssistanceTransport
We will be grateful for your honest and objective feedback.
Anthony M. (UK)
I did a trek with Dan, and it was absolutely amazing! Unbelievable scenery and experience and will never forget it. Cant compliment Dan enough, a very knowledgable and all round nice guy. A truly once in a lifetime experience that I would recommend to anybody