Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu and Jungle
Although each itinerary will be entirely personalized to your individual interests and requests, we’ve crafted a few sample tour itineraries to give you an idea of what is possible.
ITINERARY AND HIGHLIGHTS
This photography expedition will take you into the hidden places of the Cusco Valley, deep in the Andes, without forgetting one of the new seven wonders of the world – Machu Picchu.
Photographing through the streets of San Blas in Cusco, visit a Quechua village in the beautiful Sacred Valley.
We will take you to the rainbow mountain but off the beaten path, where much fewer tourists go and locals live their daily lives and activities without interruption.
Next, the 7 lakes trek of Ausangate Mountain and to meet the local Quechua community there.
Return to Cusco and jump on a quick flight to Puerto Maldonado in the Amazon rainforest. We will take you to the most beautiful and scenic spots. We compliment this with the local wildlife; from birds to caimans, tucans, capibaras, the variety is immense in this dense region.
But also discovering the Capital : Lima.
This Photography Expedition will provide you workshops on portraiture, landscapes, wildlife, lifestyle, documentary and night photography.
- All transport starting from Lima.
- Private transport on tour days.
- Train tickets to and from Machu Picchu.
- Photography help throughout the expedition.
- All boat rides in the Amazon Jungle.
- Entrance to Sandoval lake.
- Local guides in Cusco, Quechua Communities and Jungle.
- All breakfasts
- lunch with the local communities in the Sacred Valley, Ausangate and Puerto Maldonado (5 lunch meals).
- constant photography support from your photo guide.
- Lots of insight from amazing local peruvian guides that will join us on the most important tours.
- Flights – Cusco to Puerto Maldonado and Puerto Maldonado-Lima.
- Hotel rooms. (Double occupancy rates apply. Ask for single room rates)
- International Flights to Peru
- Personal insurance
- All dinner meals
WHAT TO BRING:
- All your photography equipment (if very heavyweight, get advice with us before travelling)
- Clothes for the cold of Cusco. Rain coat in case of bad luck. Long and light clothes for the jungle treks.
- Good comfortable shoes to walk.
- Travel insurance policy
- Sharp eyes and your smile.
Departure/Return LocationYour hotel or airport in Lima
What to wearComfortable seasonal clothing & shoes
IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeesGuideLunchMealsPhoto AssistanceTransport
Not IncludedExtrasInsuranceLocal Flights
1st Day - Arrival in Lima (this tour can also start in Cusco)
2nd Day - Lima Photo Day Tour
3rd Day - Cusco. City tour, Street Photography
4th Day - Chinchero Traditions, Lake Huaypo and Maras Salt Mines
5th Day - Machu Picchu
6th Day - Calca Market, Scenic Drive, Quechua Community
7th Day - Rainbow Mountain, Ausangate night photography
8th Day - 7 Lagoons, Quechua community
9th Day - Puerto Maldonado, Amazon
10th Day - Boat through the Amazon. Wildlife. Indigenous Community.
11th Day - Lake Sandoval
12th Day - Flying back to Lima
Maras Salt Mines
We will be grateful for your honest and objective feedback.