Have any questions?
Who We Are
After finishing my 3 years photography studies in Lyon (France), and traveling around the world, 6 years later I'm back in Peru. Back to where I started to get into photography. So here I am with my idea of showing you the real Peru, off the beaten path, deep in the peruvian culture, and wanting to teach and share all my knowledge of photography.
I started photographing in 2012 in my hometown Porto, in Portugal. I developed my skills by self-learning and through workshops with professional photographers. I moved to Peru early 2017 and followed my photography passion into the mountains and the peruvian jungle. I enjoy sharing my experiences and the local culture.
PHOTOGRAPHY GUIDE IN CUSCO
Originally from South-East England, my passion for photography started during my time living in the Canadian Rockies. Whilst there I spent every spare moment I had hiking through the mountains, it was the incredible landscapes I witnessed that inspired me to pick up a camera and try to capture what I saw in the best way possible.
`` There is one thing the photograph must contain: the humanity of the moment ``
- Robert Frank
What We Believe
We firmly believe that the answers to these questions are what define success.
What makes these expeditions so special ? What’s different from the other options ?
- We want our clients to return home with great memories. That is the priority. To achieve that you need great planning, amazing locations, dedicated founders that love this job and wouldn’t bare to even stay away from the opportunity of sharing moments with people of similar interests. That alone motivates us on every single expedition we organize.
- We are also privileged to have great contacts that allow us to take our costumers to the kind of people you don’t meet everyday. We are good friends with amazonian indigenous tribes and Quechua communities. And we have pleasure in sharing these moments with a restrict group of people that will genuinely enjoy this experience – our clients.
- We believe complimenting this with great peruvian food, small restricted groups, local guides that know the location better than anyone else and photography mentors that are there to help you is the right recipe for a quality service.
- The future of Andean is to at least visit every single country that was inhabited by either Quechua or indigenous people. After all, the Andeas are the mountain chain that usually split these two different communities.
What are your goals for the next 5 years ?
- This is a fairly new project. We have thought about this for a long time but only really started in 2017. But both of us had the previous experience on each own. So having two heads seeking the same goals has actually been really important. We moved quite far and thanks to our previous contacts we started strong. We have great partners and solid groups of really interesting people joining our expeditions. It feels great but this is also the time to invest and explore new locations. We want to constantly challenge ourselves to grow and are always debating ideas. So 2018 has been busy, but 2019 will probably bring quite a few new tours and strong partnerships. We are already working on it.
- We envision ourselves working in a few more south american countries. We want to know more about the culture of this continent and we want to keep bringing our costumers to locations they didn’t know existed.
How do you improve ? How do you take this project forward ?
- This should be considered pleasure but it is actually work. We visit our communities as much as we can. Keeping real relationships is key. It allows the expeditions to remain unique and real. People feel welcomed and more at home. Anyway, spending time with these people is hardly a sacrifice. We get to photograph them while they live their daily lives and at the end of the day we all have a laugh together. It’s a great feeling and we love what we do.
- Feedback is everything. We listen to our costumers and encourage them too reeeeeally tell us any critiques they have. Everybody makes mistakes and we are no different. That allows us to constantly do small changes to our expeditions in order to provide the next group an even better experience.
- seek new partnerships. We have a few ideas of approaching incredible photographers to join in our tours and co-lead expeditions with us. This brings a fresh but experienced perspective and even more support on the technical side of photography. That’s also one of the most amazing things about photography. You get to teach AND learn from others everyday because each photographer has a different vision and style. This all makes us evolve together.
What are the most important qualities of a service provider ?
Customer service and love for the job.
Any advice for your future costumers ?
- Be yourselves. Really enjoy these amazing countries and different cultures. It’s a privilege to be able to share these real moments and take home memories for a lifetime.
- And if you’re one of the people that suffers when you leave your house without a camera – we are here for you!
What We've Achieved
Bring unique and tailor-made Peru expeditions to our clients.
Established a real connection with the local communities.
Create .RAW experiences for all levels of photographers.