Peru community tour
If you are looking for the most authentic experience in Peru. You’ve definitely found it.
We have been working this itinerary for years now, and made it to perfection.
After all those year working with Bernardiño and his family, learning about their culture and way of living, we are proud to be able to share with you this itinerary.
It is a 2 days trip that will take you to the pre-Incan times.
We are talking about a community surrounded with history and mountains.
Those mountains they cherish everyday they are living.
You will be able to sit at a table with pure and humble people, visit a local school filled with smiles, share a Ofrenda a la Pachamama (The Offering to Mother Earth) ceremony with experienced Shamans on the top of a hill with a tremendous view over their sacred lakes, visit ancient pre-incan ruins, and also spend an afternoon blessing a group of Alpaca during a typical ceremony.
And all of those activities will be spent with our hosts and members of the community.
Sharing their way of cooking, sharing stories from all the sides of the world, spend time playing with the kids, or simply recharge your soul with positivity.
We will be sleeping in the humble and beautiful house that has been built for you in their garden. It will be a thousand stars night.
What else could you expect when you are looking for the authentic Peru?
Would there be another way to take great shots of the Peruvian’s way of life rather than living it?
Meet the real people of rural Peru
Here in Andean Photo Expeditions it is very important to us to make a positive impact within the communities we visit, so each time we book a tour to see this community we donate a portion of the profit directly to this family and to the local school. These are people with relatively little, so any donations can make a huge difference in their lives, from paying their children’s educational fees to buying school supplies.
- Transport in a private vehicle throughout the entire day
- Professional photographer guide
- Pick-up and Drop-off from hotel
- Lunch,dinner,breakfast and lunch with our host family
- Visit to the local school and time with the children (except saturday’s, sunday’s and holliday’s)
- The Offering to Mother Earth Ceremony
- Pre-Incan ruins visit
- Alapaca blessing ceremony
- Photography assistance throughout entire tour
Departure/Return LocationYour Hotel
What to wearComfortable seasonal clothing & shoes
IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeesGuideMealsPhoto AssistanceTransport
Not IncludedExtrasInsuranceLocal FlightsLunch
- 8h00 – Pick-up from hotel and begin drive to the Sacred Valley
- 9h30 – Make a quick stop in Calca to visit the central market (One of the most important market in the Valley, and certainly the less visited), here we can buy a few things to take with us to the community.
- 11h00 – Arrive in the community and meet with our hosts for the day.
- 11h30 – Visit the local school, meet and spend time with the children there.
- 13h00 – Return to our host’s home for lunch and a portrait session with the family.
- 14h30 – Visit lakes above town for landscape session with an Offering to PachaMama Ceremony
- 16h30 – Return to our hosts house
- 17h – For the most curious of you, join Bernardiño and his family while they prepare us dinner.
- 7pm- Dinner.
- 9pm- If the sky isn’t clouded, let’s enjoy an astro-photography workshop.
- 8 am – Breakfast
- 9am – 11am : The most curious of you can enjoy a 1h walk to some pre-Incan drawings on some cliffs above the community.
- 11am – Let’s drive to some beautiful pre-Incan Ruins. We will do it our way. Taking the family with us, colorful people, singing kids, story telling men…
- 1pm – Lunch
- 3pm- Let’s enjoy a couple of hours surrounded by alpacas and praising the Apus ( Mountains ) for them to have a healthy and reproductive life.
- From there we will give our farewell to the family and the community members and head back to Cusco.