Pallay Punchu Tour: Full-Day Photographic Expedition in the Andes
THIS TOUR IS ALSO AVAILABLE AS A 2-DAYS OPTION WITH THE ADDITION OF VINICUNCA RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE SUNSET
Welcome to our newest offering: the Pallay Punchu Tour. This is not just another day trip; it’s a full-day photo-focused exploration in the Cusco Region. This Pallay Punchu Tour is a paradise for photographers who enjoy playing with perspectives, surreal landscapes, and contrasting colors.
If you’re looking to stray from the beaten path of Vinicunca Mountain, then our Pallay Punchu Tour is the ideal alternative for you. Known formally as Pallay Punchu of the Apu Tákllo Apacheta, this gem of a location features strikingly sharp mountain ranges and overlooks one of Cusco’s largest lakes, Langui. All this culminates in a truly unique and awe-inspiring photography setting.
The Pallay Punchu mountain is nestled in the district of Layo, in the province of Canas, Cusco. At an elevation of approximately 4700 m.a.s.l., the trip to this enthralling mountain takes about 4 to 5 hours by car from the city of Cusco. The trek to the top is relatively easy, and for the most part, our vehicles can access the peak, making your Pallay Punchu Tour even more convenient.
The Pallay Punchu mountain is located in the district of Layo, province of Canas, Cusco at about 4700 m.a.s.l. It takes about 4 to 5 hours by car departing from the city of Cusco. The walk up there is quite easy. Most of the time we can access until the top by car.
290 USD per person. Based on a minimum of 2.
Solo Tour from 540 USD.
Big Group prices on demand.
- Your Photography gear.
- Warm clothes for the night and the morning ( gloves, beanie, winter jackets, winter socks ) Rain coat in case of bad luck. Good comfortable walking shoes.
- Headlamp for walking in the dark, essential!
- Sharp eyes and your smile!
- Mid-range zoom to cover a variety of focal lengths
- Wide angle for landscape opportunities and astro-photography (f 2.8 or wider works best)
- Tripod for landscape shots and astro
- Filters for landscapes (ND, Grad ND and CPL recommended)
Departure/Return LocationYour hotel in Cusco
What to wearComfortable seasonal clothing and shoes
IncludedEntrance FeesGuideLunchPhoto AssistanceTransport
Not IncludedAccommodationExtrasInsuranceLocal FlightsMeals