Maras Mines & Andean Secrets
- Explore the photographically rich Maras salt mines in your own time and photograph at your leisure in order to seek out the best and most interesting compositions.
- Capture huge landscapes, abstract details and portraits of locals.
- Meet and photograph locals in incredible locations.
- Explore surprise locations away from the tourist crowds.
- End the day with a landscape workshop overlooking monolithic mountains and abyssal valleys to shoot these amazing scenes making the best use of the early evening light.
HEADING TO THE SACRED VALLEY?
If you would like to end the day in the Sacred Valley or have a train to catch from Ollantaytambo let us know and we can make the arrangements to drop you there on time
SUNDAY BONUS MORNING
If this tour is booked on a Sunday it will include a visit to a local Andean market that is only open Sundays. Expect to see very little tourism and a lot of locals buying fruit, veggies and wools as well. The workers of this market are typical Quechua people and still dress in a very traditional way. For this reason, this is an amazing location for portraits! The combination of colours in their clothing and hats make for great images. You can also approach specific people for great portraits.
- Entrance fee to salt mines
- Photography assistance during entire tour.
- Professional photographer guide
- Transport in a private vehicle throughout entire day.
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel in Cusco
- Food and drinks
- Personal insurance
- Drop-off in Ollantaytambo or the Sacred Valley at the end of the day.
- Mid-range zoom for all purpose landscape/portrait shots
- Prime lens for portraits (50mm, 85mm or similar focal length)
- Telephoto for use at the salt mines.
- Tripod and filters (ND, CPL etc.) there will be long exposure opportunities at the lake where we eat lunch, so we recommend a strong ND (10 stop or more) to achieve smooth water effects.
TOUR PRICE (ALL AGES)
- 190 USD per person . Based on a minimum of 2.
- Private Tour from 350 USD
- Big Group prices on demand.
Departure/Return LocationFrom your hotel or hostel in Cusco
Departure TimePlease be ready for a departure at 9h30
Return TimeApproximately 17h00
What to wearComfortable walking shoes and seasonal clothing
IncludedEntrance FeesGuidePhoto AssistanceTransport
Not IncludedAccommodationExtrasInsuranceLocal FlightsLunchMeals
We will be grateful for your honest and objective feedback.