10-Day Bolivia Salt Flats and Atacama Desert Photo Tour
A journey of a lifetime to a unique and remote corner of the Earth.
This photography expedition will show you the most important places to see around Uyuni Salt Flats and Atacama Desert.
- La Paz
- Uyuni Salt Flats
- Astro Photography
- Wild Flamingos / Alpacas, Viguñas …
- High Lakes, Geysers
- Atacama Desert
- Valley of the moon
NEXT GROUP DATES :
Andean Photo Expeditions is proud to partner with Kevin Floerke Photography to offer an in-depth exploration of the Bolivian altiplano and the Atacama Desert of Chile.
- From the 30th of September until the 9th of October 2024
- A group from 4 up to 12 people max.
- 6450 USD per person.
Your Guide: Kevin Floerke is an adventure photographer with over ten years of experience exploring the remote corners of the Andes. Trained as an archaeologist, he got his start combing the ruins of the Inca civilization, mapping their road system across South America. He has explored this route numerous times, including crossing the Salar de Uyuni on foot in 2018 as part of an expedition mapping the Inca Road through Bolivia. His work has been published worldwide, including in the Guardian, BBC Travel, and the Outdoor Journal. He brings his knowledge of the wilderness and his photography expertise to share with us on this epic adventure!
Join us for an adventure across otherworldly landscapes and night skies like you’ve never seen before. Andean Photo Expeditions is proud to offer an in-depth exploration of the Bolivian altiplano, the Atacama Desert of Chile, and the mesmerizing Bolivia salt flats.
Take in colorful Lagunas filled with flamingos, the endless white expanse of the Salar de Uyuni – one of the most iconic Bolivia salt flats, the highest and driest desert in the world, and night sky scenes of unrivaled clarity as we escape civilization on an overland journey through some of South America’s wildest and most remote landscapes.
Travel in 4×4 vehicles across the world’s largest salt flat, hiking on cactus-covered islands of fossilized coral, remnants of a vast inland sea that vanished millennia ago.
Savor sweeping vistas of colorful mineral-rich volcanoes that tower over the world’s driest desert. These destinations offer a plethora of photographic opportunities, perhaps none better than the crystal-clear views of the night sky from our high altitude vantage points far from the big city lights.
Whether you dream of capturing scenes of wildlife grazing in the open plain, snow-capped mountains towering over the desert, or the perfect image of the Milky Way galaxy, this tour is sure to be a feast for your senses and your lenses!
- All transports ( Private cars and overland 4×4 vehicles throughout )
- Flights from La Paz to Uyuni
- Private Photography/Cultural Guide.
- Local and licensed guide in La Paz, Uyuni, and Atacama Regions
- Entrances to all sites and national park tickets.
- Oxygen bottle in case of altitude troubles.
- Accommodations from Day 1 to Day 10.
- Breakfast every day, some lunches and dinners as noted.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your Photography gear.
- Warm clothes for the night and the morning ( gloves, beanie, winter jackets, winter socks ) Rain coat in case of bad luck. Good comfortable walking shoes.
- Headlamp for walking in the dark, essential!
- Sharp eyes and your smile!
- PLEASE NOTE: Visa requirements for your country of origin for Bolivia. US
Passport holders can obtain their visa in advance of the trip or at the airport
- Mid-range zoom to cover a variety of focal lengths
- Wide angle for landscape opportunities and astro-photography (f 2.8 or wider works best)
- Tripod for landscape shots and astro
- Filters for landscapes (ND, Grad ND and CPL recommended)
Departure/Return LocationLa Paz, Bolivia - Calama, Chile
What to wearComfortable seasonal clothing & shoes
IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeesGuideLocal FlightsLunchMealsPhoto AssistanceTransport
DAY 1 - Arrival
DAY 2 - La Paz Photo Day Tour
DAY 3 - Early flight to Uyuni Salt Flats, Sunset, and Astrophotography Tours
DAY 4 - Full Day Uyuni Salt Flats Tour and Astrophotography Tour
DAY 5 - Full Day Uyuni Salt Flats Photography Highlights Tour
DAY 6 - Eduardo Avaroa Reserve Lagunas and Flamingos Tour
DAY 7 - Eduardo Avaroa Reserve Volcanoes, Geysers, and Hot Springs Tour
DAY 8 - Travel to Atacama Desert, Valley of the Moon Tour
DAY 9 - Atacama Desert Day Tour, Observatory Visit and Astrophotography Night Tour
DAY 10 - Sunrise Shoot and Departure
Uyuni Salt Flats - Bolivia
Atacama Desert - Chile
We will be grateful for your honest and objective feedback.