Pallay Punchu/Vinicunca & 7 lagoons of Ausangate
Those are the two most photogenic spots in Cusco Region, and a lesser know but as impressive.
What a place for photographers that love to play with perspectives and gorgeous/unreal landscapes.
If you are willing to escape the conventional and touristic roads leading to Vinicunca mountain during the day, this 3 Day tour is for you. You will be the only ones upthere for sunrise, and the only ones up in Pallay Punchu for Sunset.
Also known as Pallay Punchu of the Apu Tákllo Apacheta, it is a destination that, presents sharper mountains, , we can also observe one of the largest lakes of Cusco (Langui), which makes a unique and incredible place.
The Pallay Punchu mountain is located in the district of Layo, province of Canas, Cusco at about 4700 m.a.s.l.
It takes about 4 to 5 hours by car departing from the city of Cusco. The walk up there is quite easy. Most of the time we can access until the top by car.
Adding the 7 lagoons of Ausangate to your trip would allow you an Astro-Photography session below the Milky Way as well as facing one of the most important glacier of Peru.
The next day, the morning trek through the 7 lagoons will fill your eyes and lenses with unique compositions.
860 USD per person. Based on a minimum of 2.
Solo Tour from 1490 USD.
Big Group prices on demand.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your Photography gear.
- Warm clothes for the night and the morning ( gloves, beanie, winter jackets, winter socks ) Rain coat in case of bad luck. Good comfortable walking shoes.
- Headlamp for walking in the dark, essential!
- Sharp eyes and your smile!
- Mid-range zoom to cover a variety of focal lengths
- Wide angle for landscape opportunities and astro-photography (f 2.8 or wider works best)
- Tripod for landscape shots and astro
- Filters for landscapes (ND, Grad ND and CPL recommended)
Departure/Return LocationYour hotel in Cusco
What to wearComfortable seasonal clothing and shoes
IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeesGuideLunchMealsPhoto AssistanceTransport
Not IncludedExtrasInsuranceLocal Flights