The Faces of Peru & Andean Community Full Day Tour
THE FACES OF PERU – ANDEAN COMMUNITY FULL DAY TOUR
Discover the heart and soul of Peru on our exclusive ‘Faces of Peru – Andean Community Tour’ from Cusco! Join us on an extraordinary adventure as we delve into the fascinating world of Andean communities. Immerse yourself in their age-old traditions, witness colorful festivals, and engage with friendly locals who open their homes and hearts to share their stories. Be awe-inspired by breathtaking landscapes and capture incredible photographs of the majestic mountains, ancient ruins, and picturesque villages. This once-in-a-lifetime journey will leave you with cherished memories and a deep appreciation for the vibrant cultures that make Peru truly unique. Book your spot now and get ready to embark on an unforgettable exploration of Peru’s authentic Andean communities!
- Meet the real people of rural Peru
- Spend time with a beautiful, welcoming family in their home
- Full portrait sessions of the locals in traditional Peruvian clothing
- Enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by our host family.
- Visit the community and school in a beautiful mountain setting, spend time hanging out with the kids during school recess.
- Explore some nearby lakes for landscape opportunities.
Here in Andean Photo Expeditions it is very important to us to make a positive impact within the communities we visit, so each time we book a tour to see this community we donate a portion of the profit directly to this family and to the local school. These are people with relatively little, so any donations can make a huge difference in their lives, from paying their children’s educational fees to buying school supplies.
7h30 – Pick-up from hotel and begin drive to the Sacred Valley
9h00 – Make a quick stop in Calca to visit the central market, here we can buy a few things to take with us to the community.
10h30 – Arrive in the community and meet with our hosts for the day.
11h00 – Visit the local school, meet, and spend time with the children there.
12h30 – Return to our host’s home for lunch and a portrait session with the family.
13h30 – Visit lakes above town for landscape session.
14h30 – Alpaca Blessing Ceremony with a group of local shepherds.
16h00 – Return to our family to say goodbyes.
16h30 – Begin drive back to Cusco.
18h30 – Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at hotel.
- Transport in a private vehicle throughout the entire day
- Professional photographer guide
- Pick-up and Drop-off from the hotel
- Lunch with our host family
- Visit the local school and time with the children (except Saturday’s, Sunday’s and holidays)
- Photography assistance throughout the entire tour
- Alpaca/Lama Group Blessing Ceremony
- Snacks and water for the day
- Personal Insurance
- Mid-range zoom to cover portraits and landscape opportunities at the lagoons.
- Prime lens for portraits (35mm, 50mm, 85mm, or similar focal length)
- Pachamama Ceremony ( Mother Earth Blessing Ceremony )
- Local Arts and Textiles Classes
TOUR PRICE (ALL AGES)
- Private tour for 1 person: 490 USD
- Private tour for 2 people: 280 USD per person.
- Private tour for 3 + people: 230 USD per person
Departure/Return LocationYour hotel/hostel in Cusco or Sacred Valley
Departure TimePlease be ready for a departure at 8h00
Return TimeApproximately 18h30
What to wearComfortable walking shoes and seasonal clothing
Not IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeesExtrasInsuranceLocal FlightsMeals
We will be grateful for your honest and objective feedback.