The Faces of Peru – Andean Community
THE FACES OF PERU – ANDEAN COMMUNITY FULL DAY TOUR
- Meet the real people of rural Peru
- Spend time with a beautiful, welcoming family in their home
- Full portrait sessions of the locals in traditional Peruvian clothing
- Enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by our host family.
- Visit the community and school in a beautiful mountain setting, spend time hanging out with the kids during school recess.
- Explore some nearby lakes for landscape opportunities.
Here in Andean Photo Expeditions it is very important to us to make a positive impact within the communities we visit, so each time we book a tour to see this community we donate a portion of the profit directly to this family and to the local school. These are people with relatively little, so any donations can make a huge difference in their lives, from paying their children’s educational fees to buying school supplies.
7h30 – Pick-up from hotel and begin drive to the Sacred Valley
9h00 – Make a quick stop in Calca to visit the central market, here we can buy a few things to take with us to the community.
10h30 – Arrive in the community and meet with our hosts for the day.
11h00 – Visit the local school, meet, and spend time with the children there.
12h30 – Return to our host’s home for lunch and a portrait session with the family.
13h30 – Visit lakes above town for landscape session.
14h30 – Alpaca Blessing Ceremony with a group of local shepherds.
16h00 – Return to our family to say goodbyes.
16h30 – Begin drive back to Cusco.
18h30 – Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at hotel.
- Transport in a private vehicle throughout the entire day
- Professional photographer guide
- Pick-up and Drop-off from hotel
- Lunch with our host family
- Visit to the local school and time with the children (except saturday’s, sunday’s and holliday’s)
- Photography assistance throughout entire tour
- Snacks and water for day
- Personal insurance
- Mid-range zoom to cover portraits and landscape opportunities at the lagoons.
- Prime lens for portraits (35mm, 50mm, 85mm or similar focal length)
- Pachamama Ceremony ( Mother Earth Blessing Ceremony )
- Alpaca/Lama Group Blessing Ceremony
- Local Arts and textiles Classes
TOUR PRICE (ALL AGES)
- 290 USD per person. Based on a minimum of 2.
- Private Tour from 540 USD
- Big Group prices on demand
Departure/Return LocationYour hotel/hostel in Cusco or Sacred Valley
Departure TimePlease be ready for a departure at 8h00
Return TimeApproximately 18h30
What to wearComfortable walking shoes and seasonal clothing
Not IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeesExtrasInsuranceLocal FlightsMeals
We will be grateful for your honest and objective feedback.
Andean Expeditions made me fall in love with Peru
I am already a few days back home from this amazing expedition with Dan and I cannot stop thinking about those amazing moments in Peru! I only had a week in Peru, still, Dan managed to create an exceptional itinerary combining Lima, Cusco and the Sacred Valley and the Amazon jungle.
Already weeks before our trip, he helped us creating this trip and answering all our questions. During the trip itself, he was an amazing guide and thanks to him I learned a lot about photography. But, what is even more important, I also saw and experienced the real Peru. He took us to places not spoiled by tourists where I could learn a lot of the local culture and the way of living. During our expedition, we visited several communities and families such as the Quechua family in the Andes and the Matsiguenga in the Amazon.
In conclusion, I can say this was the best holiday so far for me as well as for my mother who went with me. If I go back to Peru, I will surely get back in touch with Dan and Pedro!