The 7 Lagoons of Ausangate
$240 per person
- Capture stunning landscapes, glacial mountains and bright blue lakes.
- Meet the locals in a small, remote Andean village.
- Do the longest part of the trek by horse. Walk for no more than 2kms around the lagoons to photograph at your will.
- Professional, photographer guide to help you discover the Andes in a unique and fun way.
- Focused on photography.
- Explore surprise locations away from the tourist crowds.
- Tips and advice to maximise your photographic experience every step of the way.
- Riding the horses is optional, if you would prefer we can walk to the lagoons, the hike isn’t the easiest but it will give you the freedom to photograph along the route. When riding the horse you still have 100% freedom to photograph along the lagoons, but not on the way in and out.
- Weather conditions in the Andes are unpredictable so there is always a chance of bad luck, we wish we could control the weather but unfortunately we can not! Be aware that the rainy season months are from December through to March. During this season, the probability of rain is higher.
- This tour takes you to altitude, acclimatisation is incredibly important so we recommend booking this tour after having already spent some time in Cusco.
- Photography assistance during entire tour.
- Professional photographer guide.
- Guided horseback riding experience through the Peruvian Andes with Local guides to help you along the way.
- Transport in a private vehicle throughout entire day.
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel in Cusco.
- Breakfast and Lunch.
- Personal insurance
- Any other expenses such as extra drinks, souvenirs, etc.
- Mid-range zoom to cover landscapes and any portrait opportunities we might find.
- Wide angle lens for landscapes
- Tripod and filters (ND, CPL etc.) as we will get opportunities for some long exposure on the lakes, a strong ND (10 stop or more) is recommendable.
TOUR PRICE (ALL AGES)
- 240 USD per person . Based on a minimum of 2.
- Private Tour from 480 USD
- Big Group prices on demand.
Departure/Return LocationYour hotel/hostel in Cusco
Departure TimePlease be ready for a departure at 05h00
Return TimeApproximately 19h30
What to wearComfortable walking shoes and seasonal clothing
Not IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeesExtrasInsuranceLocal Flights
Departure from Cusco. Pick up from your Hotel/hostel.
Arrival in the village right in the shadow of Ausangate, eat breakfast prepared by our local host there.
Start a horse riding trek into the 7 lagoons under Ausangate mountain. You'll be taking the Horse through the first part of the journey until arriving in the first lagoon. It is then a very flat walk in the Andes for about 2kms where you can take your time photographing the lagoons and the local Quechua people with their herds of sheep and alpacas. Be ready to cross paths with the local wild life, filled with Llamas and Alpacas.
Return to the local Quechua Village and enjoy the thermal Hot-springs. This is volcanic water coming from within the mountains and channeled to 2 pools at different temperatures from 35º to 40º. Amazing opportunity to relax from the trek and enjoy the views of Ausangate Mountain (6325m).
Lunch prepared by the local Quechua community.
3.5 hour private car ride back to Cusco.
Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at your hotel or hostel.
We will be grateful for your honest and objective feedback.